This is a different kind of recipe because it's not edible but it will make your home smell really good. I love the Wall Flowers from Bath and Body Works, but find that they run out pretty quickly and the price adds up pretty fast. I found these recipes while browsing through blogs one day, and I was excited to try them especially because I already had everything I needed to make them. I have tried all 3 of these and they all made my whole house smell so good!
"Citrus" Air Freshener
Peels of lemon, orange, lime, tangerine or grapefruit
1 pot of water
Put slices of citrus fruit peel into the pot of water. Let simmer gently for an hour or so for a citrus scent.
"Baked Goodness" Air Freshener
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or a few cloves
1 pot of water
Let simmer gently for an hour or so for a fresh baking scent.
"Easy as Apple Pie" Air Freshener
Simmer a sliced apple and a couple of cinnamon sticks in some water on your stove. The whole house will smell like apple pie.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment