Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Beef Stroganoff

The picture might not look very appetizing, but it did taste really good. I have made several other Stroganoff recipes before and I was a little weary to try this one but it turned out really well, and I was happy to have another recipe to add to our favorites. You can leave out the mushrooms if you don't like them, but they really add to this dish.

Ingredients:
1 lb. hamburger
1 (8oz.) pkg. sliced mushrooms
1 small onion, diced small
2 cloves minced garlic
2 TBSP flour
1 (14 oz.) can beef broth
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 TBSP worcestershire sauce
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sour crea,
2 tsp horseradish


Directions:
-In a large skillet or saucepan, combine hamburger, mushrooms, onions, and garlic; cook over medium-high heat until beef is browned and crumbly
-Drain and stir in flour; cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently
-Stir in broth, soup, worcestershire, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes
-In a small bowl combine sour cream and horseradish; add to beef mixture, stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through
-Serve over hot cooked egg noodles

***This dish can be made 1 day ahead and stored in the fridge - or - it can be frozen for up to 1 month. If frozen, thaw completely in fridge before warming in microwave.***

3 comments:

Cicily said...

Made it, loved it. Now I want more recipes :)

Unknown said...

I made this tonight. We ate late. But it was SO worth it! Thanks so much!

Mindy Jo said...

Okay Eric did NOT make this tonight, I did, and yes it was still SO worth it!! :)