
There are so many versions of this Pork going around. I even posted a similar one a while back, and I have tried several more since then. I wanted to try this one because it has Dr. Pepper in it and my husband is pretty much addicted to the stuff, so I figured he would like it. He's a picky eater so I am always on the hunt for recipes that he would like. This one passed the test and we all liked it. It even freezes well which is great because it makes a lot! You can make tacos, burritos, or even a salad like I did. It's really good with the Creamy
Tomatillo Dressing posted above. Enjoy!
Ingredients:
3-4 lb. Pork Roast
1 can Red Enchilada sauce
1 can Dr. Pepper
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 clove Garlic (minced) or 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Onion, diced
1/4 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
Directions:
-Place Roast in
crockpot-Mix all other ingredients together and pour over Roast
-Cook on low 6-8 hours or until meat shreds easily with 2 forks
-Once meat is cooked, shred it, return to
crockpot, and let it simmer for another 30-60 minutes
-Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, or any other toppings you like
No comments:
Post a Comment