Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Salsa

I think we have posted a few other salsa recipes, but this is a new favorite at our house. My husband and I both loved it, and I ended up making it twice in 1 week! The recipe came from Somewhat Simple, a favorite blog of mine. I only made half of the recipe because it does make a lot. If you like salsa though, I would suggest making the entire recipe.


Ingredients:
5 lbs. Roma tomatoes
4 bunches green onions
1 bunch cilantro
4 medium pickled jalapenos (these come in a can on the Mexican Food Aisle)
3 limes
1 TBSP salt
2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp sugar

Directions:
-Chop
tomatoes very fine by hand or in a food processor being careful not to puree
-Thinly slice green onions
-Chop jalapenos very fine or you can add them to the tomatoes as you put them in the food processor
-"Shave" cilantro leaves off of the stems and chop fine
-Mix all in a large bowl and add lime juice, salt, garlic, cumin, and sugar
-Chill several hours before serving to blend flavor

No comments: