Thursday, March 25, 2010

Roast

Roast, carrots, and potatoes has to be one of my favorite meals. My Mom would make this for Sunday dinner and it screams comfort food to me. My husband on the other hand doesn't care for roast very much because he says it's too dry. I have been on a quest ever since to find a recipe that is moist and not dry. I have made many recipes in the past several years, and I think I finally found the one!

Ingredients:
1 Chuck Roast
1 pkg. dry Ranch Dressing
1 pkg. Brown Gravy
1 pkg. Italian Seasoning - I only used 1/2 pkg so it wouldn't be too salty
1/2 cup warm water

Directions:
-Drizzle 2 TBSP of oil in a pan, and over medium-high heat, sear each side of the roast
-Place roast in crockpot, and sprinkle the ranch, gravy, and italian seasoning over the roast
-Pour water in the bottom of crockpot, cover, and cook on low for 7-8 hours (the longer the better)

**I cooked my carrots with the roast, but took them out a few hours before the roast was done, so they wouldn't get mushy**

No comments: