I have gotten a lot of interest in posting my freezer meal recipes and tips so I want to be able to share some of my little secrets so get ready for some great freezer recipes.
Supplies:
-foil pans
-gallon and quart size freezer bags
-saran wrap
-Ziploc Tupperware containers
Tips:
-If you want to make a couple of freezer meals try making similar recipes on the same day so you only have to cook your hamburger once and then divide among your recipes
-most recipes last 1-3 months so be sure you label everything
-write the directions directly on the foil or the freezer bag so it's easy and accessible
-rotisserie chicken that has been taken off the bone and shredded is great to keep on hand in a freezer bag for all sorts of recipes: chicken salad, soups, tacos, etc.
-make double so you can eat half for dinner and then put half in the freezer. There's nothing worse than cooking all day and then have nothing to eat for dinner that night.
-some recipes have to be defrosted in the fridge or on the counter for awhile so be sure you know when you want to eat your freezer meal. It's sad to have a wonderful lasagna that you could eat, but it's frozen solid and has to be defrosted for 10 hours and it's 6:00 pm.
That's all that I can think of, but I'm sure I'll have more to add to this post later. Good luck with your freezer meals and let me know what you think or what you've tried.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment