Monday, February 22, 2010

America's Test Kitchen Fajitas


I love these fajitas! They are full of flavor and are a huge hit with company. You can grill your veggies or cook them on your stove whichever you prefer. Try these out, you'll love 'em!

Marinade
1/3 cup fresh lime juice (2-3 limes)
4 TBL vegetable oil
3 garlic cloves minced
1 TBL Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 jalapeno chile, seeds and ribs removed, minced
1 1/2 TBL minced fresh cilantro
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper

Mix together ingredients in a medium bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade in a separate bag for the veggies.

I use 3-4 chicken breasts and cut each one in 3 or 4 large pieces so they are easy to grill, but smaller than a whole breast so the marinade can cover more places.

Stick the chicken in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. You can marinade for 15 minutes, but I usually let it marinade for a few hours.

Put cut veggies in a plastic bag and add the reserved 1/4 cup marinade.

I usually do my chicken out on the grill and then cook my veggies in a non stick skillet with a little bit of oil until they are tender.

Great tip:
My friends in California introduced me to fresh tortillas that you cook in a pan. They are delicious and I will never ever ever go back to regular tortillas. I know you can get them at Costco and I've found these in the string cheese section of Wal Mart. You just heat them up on medium eat until they bubble, flip and voila...delicious tortillas!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I've never seen these before but I've always heated up my tortilla's in a pan before searving. They taste SO much better that way :) and it works with whatever tortilla you have on hand-no special brand needed ;)