Friday, February 19, 2010

Rolo Cookies

This is another recipe from the "Favorites" cookbook. My mother in-law made these over Christmas and we all loved them.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
48 rolos
2 TBSP sugar

Directions:
-Combine flour, cocoa, and soda; set aside
-Beat sugars and butter until well blended; add eggs and vanilla
-Add dry mixture and blend well
-Shape cookies into small balls, and press a rolo into center of ball and cover with dough
-Roll cookie in sugar (we used powdered sugar)
-Bake at 350* for 8-10 minutes until tops of cookies are slightly cracked

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Hi guys! I totally forgot ya'll had a food blog, and somehow came across it again. Good job, guys! It looks great. And btw, I tried these rolo cookies last night...my kids couldn't stop eating them today. Well....neither could I. :) Thanks for the recipe.

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.