Thursday, January 31, 2008

Calzone

Ingredients:
1 can pizza dough or french bread dough
mozzarella cheese
spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce (I used spaghetti)
toppings: pepperoni, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, etc.

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350*
-Spread dough out on a greased cookie sheet like a pizza (it should look like a rectangle)
-Spread sauce over 1/2 of dough leaving about 1/2 inch around the edge
-Cover with toppings and then mozzarella
-Fold the unused half of dough over the top and pinch the edges all the way around to seal it
-Using a knife, cut 3-4 slits on the top to let steam out
-Cook for 20-30 minutes (The time depends on how soft or how crisp you want the crust)
-Slice and top with sauce and more cheese

3 comments:

Alex Perry said...

that looks so stinkin good, I really need to try that!! YUMM

Alex Perry said...

I wanted to tell you that I gave my friend your recipe blog address and she tried this recipe last night and she saved some for me, and YUM! We both really liked it!!! I have a recipe for Cafe Rio Chicken Burritos, maybe you already have it but if not...they are yummy!!!

Heidi said...

This looks so good!
The baked spaghetti I tride turned out great!
Thanks!