Saturday, January 19, 2008

Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken

My friend Alicia suggested I put this recipe up on the blog, and it is one of the favorites around our house too. It's so easy to put together and it makes for a great lunch the next day.

Ingredients:
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 8oz. package cream cheese
1 packet Italian Dressing
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cube of butter

Directions:
-Melt butter with Italian Dressing packet. Pour over chicken in the crock pot
-Cook 4-6 hours. *I always check mine after about 3 hours, just to be sure it doesn't get overcooked and dried out.
-In a bowl whisk cream cheese and soup together until no longer lumpy.
-Pour into crock pot and cook for another 30-45 minutes stirring every 15 minutes until warmed through. *Do not overcook cream cheese or else it will separate.
-Serve over rice

9 comments:

McKinley said...

Hey Girl Thank You I am going to fix this for dinner tonight! Sounds yummy!! Glad you are feeling Better! ~McKin~

McKinley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

I also add a can of Cream of Mushroom soup. I don't use butter, but put the soup/cream cheese mixture directly on the chicken and let it simmer in the crock pot the entire time. You can do it either way, but there's another option if you aren't home to add the mixture later. I haven't had any problems with the cream cheese seperating at all :)

Kaitlyn and Brittany said...

Thanks for the tip Alicia! That sounds good too.

Unknown said...

Just wanted you to know that I love your blog. I live in Idaho Falls and am a mother to 3 kids. My sister lives in Oklahoma and loves it too. Thanks for the great dinner ideas. I loved the tostadas! We must have a friend in common but I can't remember how I found your blog?

Unknown said...

I forgot I that I was going to tell you that I have tried this recipe but instead of using italian seasoning I tried Lipton dried onion soup mix. It was delicious!

Jennifer said...

This recipe is so great!

My kids ask for it all the time.

Jess said...

This is now one of my families favorite meals! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

great chicken , we love it and it is addicting , my kids want it at least once a week, and it is even better the next day , I have made it and put it in the freezer cuz my kids are so nutty they will not buy lunch at school I have to make theres , and they like stuff like this , you ladies rock as i love to come and get a new thing to cook, I have some cool recipes that I can give you to try as I have a serious crew of 3 teenage boys and 2 grandkids to feed and they actually dont like eating out and want me to cook up something , so i am a cook lol and its from breakfast lunch and dinner ,I actually dont mind because at least they are not going to get anything toxic , any whoo
have a pink rainbow day
georgia from ohio