Sunday, January 20, 2008

Chinese Chicken Salad

Ingredients:
1/2 head green cabbage (you can use romaine if you don't like cabbage)
3-4 green onions
1 pkg. oriental flavor ramen noodles with seasoning packet
1 TBSP. sesame seeds
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts; cooked and chopped into small pieces
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
3 TBSP white vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt

Directions:
- Tear or cut cabbage, slice onions and place in bowl.
-Crumble the noodles onto a broiler pan, add sesame seeds, and broil for 2 minutes, making sure to not burn the sesame seeds.
-In a jar or bowl, combine the oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, and contents of the seasoning pack.
-Mix dressing well.
-Pour dressing over salad, add toasted ramen, sesame seeds, and the chicken.
-Toss to combine

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Mmmmmmmm... that looks yummy!
I'm a huge fan of oriental salads.

Alex Perry said...

I love coming over and looking what you two are brewin up! I have a recipe close to this one and I just LOVE it. It is so yummy! I have a really good spinach salad recipe I will have to send you, it will be your new favorite (trust me) thanks for all of your great recipes

Stevie said...

I made this for lunch today, and it was really good! Thanks!

A couple variations that you can do with this:

1. you can use a bag of broccoli slaw instead of cabbage

2. if you want a little kick, you can use balsalmic vinegar instead of white vinegar