Monday, March 30, 2009

Chicken with Cranberry Stuffing

Obviously I did not take this picture. The picture I took was less than appetizing so I found this one instead. I don't like to post recipes without pictures, so I thought this was better than nothing!
The recipe turned out really well and I really liked the cranberry stuffing. Next time I make it though I will probably leave out the sage and oregano only because it was a little too strong for my taste. The great thing about this recipe is that it was quick and easy, just how I like to cook!


Ingredients:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups cubed dry stuffing or cubed day old bread
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped green onion (white and green part)
2 tsp dried sage
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1 TBSP dijon mustard

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 400*
-Using a sharp knife, cut the chicken crosswise (as is cutting a bagle) almost through to the other side, but not all the way through. Open the chicken (as if opening a book) and transfer to cooking dish
-In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, cranberries, scallions, sage, oregano, salt, and pepper, toss to combine
-In a small bowl, whisk together the broth and mustard; add this to the stuffing mixture and stir until mixture sticks together
-Spoon the stuffing over the bottom half of each chicken breast, fold the chicken over to cover the stuffing, and season the top with salt and pepper
-Secure the chicken with a toothpick, and cook for about 30 minutes (mine only took about 20-25 minutes)

No comments: