Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lemon Cream Pasta

This came from Allrecipes, another great place with lots of great recipes. There is a recipe for chicken that goes with this, but I was in a hurry and just made the pasta. It was really good, and I loved the lemon flavor. It does make a lot, so make sure you are hungry!

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 (16 ounce) package tube pasta (I used rigatoni)
2 cups heavy cream
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded

Directions:
-In a large saucepan, season the chicken broth with the garlic powder and pepper, bring to a boil and add lemon juice and pasta
-Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until all liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes
-Stir in the cream, parmesan cheese and lemon zest, cook, stirring, over low heat for 5 minutes -Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes, and stir thoroughly before serving

No comments: