Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Chicken Pockets

There are many versions of this recipe floating around out there. After a few tries, Brit and I came up with this one. Serve it with mashed potatoes, corn, and rolls, and you've got a fast, easy, and yummy dinner. Happy Cooking! Ingredients:
2 pieces of chicken, cooked and diced
8 oz. cream cheese
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons of butter, melted
8 crescent rolls
bread crumbs
Italian Dressing mix (dry kind in a packet)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 - 1 1/2 cans milk

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 375*
-Unroll crescent rolls and shape from a triangle into a square (very carefully so its doesn't rip)
-Combine the chicken, cream cheese, italian dressing, salt, and pepper and spoon onto crescent rolls.
-Wrap up crescent rolls and make sure all edges are pinched together
-Dip into melted butter and then into bread crumbs making sure entire roll is covered
-Bake for 18-20 minutes
-Combine soup and milk in a saucepan over medium-high heat until creamy and heated through
-Pour sauce over chicken pockets before serving

4 comments:

Kim said...

I've made a version of this...so yummy! These are actually one of my favorites. I'll have to try this recipe!

Stevie said...

I'm excited to try this one! Does the dressing mix go in with the sauce?

Kaitlyn said...

Stevie,
The dressing gets mixed in with the chicken, cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Sorry I will fix the directions!

Chancekrainik said...

Kaitlyn is my hero!